MISHLOACH MANOT: THE GIVING OF TREATS ON PURIM
Mishloach Manot has been a tradition since the days of Esther and Mordechai. At Temple Emanuel of Beverly Hills, we continue this mitzvah of sharing kindness among our community of friends, family, clergy, and staff, with our gifts of Mishloach Manot.
Our personally delivered themed gifts are wonderful to receive, and are a thoughtful, caring gesture by the giver. The best part is that we do all the work for you and all you need to do is ENJOY!
What is Mishloach Manot?
How to Send your Temple Emanuel Mishloach Manot
- On the enclosed Temple Roster, highlight or check the boxes next to the names of the people to whom you wish to send Mishloach Manot.
- The cost is tiered:
- $4.00 each for the first 25 people on your list,
- $3.50 each for the next 25 people on your list,
- $3.00 each for the 51st person and each additional person
- Or $720.00 to send to the entire congregation
- You can also order for non-members for $25.00 each (For pick up only. Non-member baskets will not be delivered.)
- In each case there is a one-time assembly contribution of $25.
- Fill out the form on the back of this page and return it to the temple, along with your completed Temple Emanuel roster, and your payment, no later than Monday, March 11, 2019.
- Gifts will be delivered prior to Purim.
Online Option Through The Purim Project Website… It’s As Easy As 1, 2, 3!
- Look for an email from TEBH@comsend.com.
This email will contain a link for you to access your personalized selection page on www.PurimProject.com.
- Follow the easy steps and your Mishloach Manot will be delivered.
- Remember that the deadline is Monday, March 11, 2019.
The Reciprocity Option ensures that anyone who sends you a gift will automatically receive one from you. If you select this option, you will avoid that inevitable, “Oops, how did I forget them?” moment. You will be billed at a later date for the additional names added to your list at the cost of $4.00 per gift.
We will only distribute one gift to each family. The enclosed card will include the names of everyone sending that gift.
(For example — if everyone in the congregation were to give you a gift, you would not receive hundreds of gifts, you would receive one gift with a card listing everyone who gave you that gift.)
Participation in this project is a true mitzvah! When you send a Purim gift, you are also contributing to Temple Emanuel.
Additionally, you can also help by volunteering to assemble and deliver these gifts, which is a really wonderful and worthwhile experience. (Student volunteers can receive community service credit.) Sign up on the back of this form, or email us at Tannaz@tebh.org.